The Company shall establish, implement and maintain an effective Cookies Policy informing on the procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information received when visiting our website and when using any service available through the website.
A cookie is a small piece of data that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you have enabled the relevant functionality from your browser to accept cookies. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to our websites). We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests.
If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies or to choose not to receive them, please visit: this link.
If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit: this link.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies.
If you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions on “How to Manage Cookies” chapter in this policy. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or viewing articles.
3. How To Manage Cookies
How to disable behaviorally targeted advertising cookies: If you are concerned about behaviourally targeted advertising cookies (which serve you advertisements based on your use of our websites), users based in the European Union can visit: this link and users based in the US can visit: this link to opt out of these third party cookies. These websites are not Spot Capital Markets Ltd websites and the Company is not responsible for their content.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser:
3.1 Google Chrome
• Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
• Select Settings
• Click ‘Show advanced settings’
• In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
• To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
• To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’.
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: click here
3.2 Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
• Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
• In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
• To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
• To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: click here
3.3 Mozilla Firefox
• Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
• Select the Privacy panel
• To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: click here
• Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’
• Select ‘Quick Preferences’
• To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
• To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: click here
3.5 Safari on OSX
• Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
• Click on ‘Security’
• To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
• To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: click here
3.6 All other browsers
• Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
4. Review of this Policy